waiting

waiting

Monday, June 26, 2017

He is The Great God

The Chalk Board that sits in our kitchen is not picture worthy.  I have terrible handwriting.  I don't change it as frequently as I maybe should.  This scripture has been up for awhile, but man has it been an echo from our heart.

The last weeks have been filled with God's goodness and many mercies for this adoption.  Last week we were given Travel Approval.  We found out Drew and Anna will travel in about three weeks.  The dates include leaving July12, meet Judah July17 and come home July 29,2017.  I have booked flights and made some hotel reservations.  I have been compiling all the travel documents they will need in a binder. Lots of busy work to help with the anxious and excited energy!


We are celebrating God's provision to bring Judah home. This week we have a painting party fundraiser with the funds having been dedicated toward Judah's medical exam, passport and tests needed prior to leaving China. We have had great support for participation and know it will be a fun evening celebrating Judah and this adoption.  Our last cost to complete this adoption is covering the airfare.  We thank you, our friends and family, who have cheered us on, supported us with prayer and words of encouragement  and helped us to widdle away at the costs associated with adoption so we can bring Judah home, to his forever family.  Because I know you have invested in Judah and in our family, I know you'll be ecstatic with us to hear that we were chosen for a grant to fund the airfare for round trip tickets to China for this adoption!!!! A Child Waits Foundations has blessed many children, from many countries to come home to their forever families. And they chose us, they chose Judah to be a child they can make a difference for. We are standing in awe at this HUGE gift.  As I was finishing the second phone interview with the Board President of this Foundation, I wasn't expecting an answer at the end of the phone call.  But after 25 minutes or so of enjoyable conversation about this adoption, she said to me "Well, I can tell you that we would be honored to cover these last needed funds for your airfare, 100%" !!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it.  I cried, I laughed, I kept thanking her...   What another amazing gift.  We give thanks to God for the generosity of others, who desire to see children without families, placed in forever homes, who have sacrificed and donated to help our Judah become part of our family. So many people have said, "I'm sorry, I wish I could have given more", but with so many people giving, it has been enough to move the mountain of finances that comes with adoption. We are immeasurably grateful and praise the One who called us to this child to begin with.

In the good and bad in life, and good and bad will always come... we will be steadfast in our God, as He is Great and Mighty and Awesome!  Not just today because of the goodness we are experiencing, but also in the days that are hard and difficult and overwhelming.  He is good, He provides and we praise Him.

EPHESIANS 3:19-21
Paul's Prayer for the Ephesians
19and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. 20Now to Him who is able to do infinitely more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, 21to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.…



 

No comments:

Post a Comment