waiting

waiting

Friday, December 23, 2016

Merry "Wait"-mas



Seems hard to believe we are just shy of 5 months since we started this journey to Ryan#6.  What started out as an overwhelming and compelling desire to adopt again has slowly turned into waiting for someone with earnest that we didn't even know we were missing. But now, the waiting, it's different.  Our paperwork is ready.  China has everything they need.  There is not another thing I can do to move the process forward.  We wait.  Wait for THE Call.  The call with a referral that will be our son.  I think about him; what he will look like, the details of his face, the soft little sound of his voice, the smiles he will break into when the Littles do their best to warm up to him, the way he will melt into our arms when we hold and comfort him, how the Big kids will "pack" him around and cater to his every whim. How Evan will do everything but dance on his head to get our new one to laugh, how Anna will be the first to jump and run to him when he cries and how Rebecca will teach him that the dogs aren't really bad and scary as they might seem.  I can see him here now. I can see how #6 doesn't sound so crazy after all.  The Shock of "Adoption News" has passed for me, and now I think about how life will be when we graft our lives together.  A crib is set up in the Little's room.  I see it and think of him daily.  There is one empty spot at the table; he will fill it.  There is an extra car seat in the garage that I walk by every time I go to the van; soon it will be stuffed in with the others. Yes, the waiting is different now.  Now I see all the places he is being missed. And we Wait with great anticipation.

Maybe Christmas time has made me a little more sentimental. But I think about blessings and family and the best gift ever given.  The gift of life thru Jesus. And because of His fulfilling gift, it's easy to want to offer life to others. So, may our Waiting be Merry ....... Merry "Wait"-mas friends!  

No comments:

Post a Comment