waiting

waiting

Thursday, May 4, 2017

REFERRAL DAY 5-4-17

Today was "THE" day!   I am writing this to remember each detail, even though I will not be able to share the details until we get the next paperwork process complete.  But we are gushing with excitement at the news of our referral call today.

Thursday, MAY 4, 2017 started our like any other day.  The Littles attended preschool, the big kids were also in school and Drew and I were working.  I was finishing up my last client from 1:30-2:30.... and toward the end of the session, my phone rang.  I keep the phone handy incase the kids should need me, but I don't make a habit of answering. I looked at the incoming call and saw it was from DENVER: where our adoption agency is located.  My heart SKIPPED 1a million beats.  I remained composed, and finished my session, dying the whole while on the inside wondering if this could possibly be a call with a referral!   I finished my session and as I walked out the door, I pulled out my phone to call back and it rang again.... Denver.  I answered and there is was, "We are calling with the file of a little boy we think you might like to look at". Excitement, joy, curiosity.... every emotion slammed into seconds as I was listening.  They sent the file.  I looked at it and drove straight to Drew at work.  I walked in and with a quivering voice, asked if he was ready to give a little boy a name and travel to China to bring him home.  We reviewed the file and decided for sure we wanted to move forward to adopt him.

That evening we told the kids.  First Evan and Rebecca were home at the same time and we told them.  They knew about the whole adoption process and were excited to see a picture of their new brother.  Then we told the Littles together.  They, on the other hand, did not know that we have been planning to bring another child into the fold.  We knew that the wait would be long and hard to comprehend.  So, we have waited until a referral came to tell them.  Levi does not want to share is new brother with anyone- he wants him all to himself and is excited he gets to be a big brother. Then, Anna was at a friends house and we drove there to drop Evan off and told Anna.  She cried with excitement and said "Oh, he's SO CUTE".

So, the next step is to write a Letter of Intent to adopt him and wait for the file to be locked.  Today we cannot share details or pictures until his file is locked. But, the second we can, we will introduce this sweet baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment