waiting

waiting

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

It's ALL in a name










Judah Rayne XiaTao Ryan





OK, this is the name post.   We've announced "Judah" as soon as we got his referral. We put a lot of thought into naming our kids. At first I always think it's going to be fun, but then I start to feel the stress of "a perfect name".  But as we've considered this sweet boy and what name fits him... we've chosen  what we think, is a perfect name for him.

JUDAH- Actually, my best friend threw out this name early on as a suggestion.  Over time, for me, it just became "the" name.  And when I saw his face; it was a match :)   Biblically, Judah was the 4th son of Jacob and Leah. And he had an older brother named Levi (Levi is our 5th child:) ) So, that's kind of a cool, unplanned similarity.


This was the day we received Judah's referral
RAYNE- This name came out of nowhere but in a powerful way.  It was briefly mentioned in a sermon one Sunday morning... "rain is a symbol of God's blessing in the bible"  It came at a time during this last year of hard waiting in the adoption process and personally struggling with my dad being really ill.  It was a sweet whisper of hope and encouragement to what was feeling like a desperate and desolate time. 

So, I read more about rain in the bible.  I found that it can be a symbol of God's blessing.  It brings refreshment, ensures growth, and promotes fruitfulness. BUT, it can also bring destruction and disaster.  In the bible it is used in both ways.  And I am reminded of the double edged sword of adoption.  It is born out of destruction- the loss of a first family. But it also provides for growth, fruitfulness and life with a new family.  It's a perfect metaphor of adoption.  I hope when Judah is big, he understands that I know he lost something that he was meant to have- his family.  And for whatever reason, that was taken.  But I will forever be honored to have the privilege to call him son and raise him with the same love that I have for his siblings before him. We take joy in knowing we will add him to our family.

XiaTao- The name given to our sweet boy when he arrived at the orphanage.  It means "Summer" and "Big wave".  Which, how perfect is that... he will come home in the heat of the summer, July.  And do you know what kind of splash he is going to make in our family?  Yea, A BIG WAVE!

So, when I think of Judah Rayne XiaTao; I think of hope, blessing in the midst of trial, a sweet biblical heritage and the perfect name for our boy, our 6th child and the caboose to our Ryan Train.




No comments:

Post a Comment